I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally CarterMy rating: 3 of 5 stars
Cammie attends Gallagher Academy, a hoity toity private girls' school in Virginia, whose students are scorned by the locals for snobby elitism. Little do the locals know, Gallagher trains tween and teen girls to follow in a long line of elite secret agents working around the world. Did you know Lincoln survived a previous assassination attempt? That's because it was foiled by the original Gallagher Girl.
This book is the first in a series of 5 (so far) Gallagher Girls novels and they serve their purpose: quick, easy, fun chick-lit with female leads who can scale 12' walls and engineer spy cams in basic accessories. Unfortunately the main plot centers around her covert ops attempt at a relationship with a local boy, but through that she does learn lessons about friendship, espionage and the meaning of family.
View all my reviews
This blog is a great idea! I think I've sort of viewed my books blog as a similar thing, but I like the way you've laid this out....
ReplyDelete